Putting Your Health & Safety First
Here’s what you can expect from us as we take additional precautions to ensure your safety.
We’re following strict guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Dental Association.
Dear Patients and Parents:
Good News! We are open and ready to schedule your appointments. Please call 845-691-8330 to schedule an appointment in our Highland, NY office and 201-327-2233 to schedule an appointment in our Ramsey, NJ office.
During this time of “sheltering in place”, our office has been very busy preparing for our reopening. Infection control has been our top priority. We have reviewed and enhanced our safety controls on top of our normal procedures for added precaution. We have followed the recommendations of the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the American Association of Orthodontics (AAO). While many things have changed during this time our commitment to your oral care and safety has remained the same.
Before your appointment, we ask that you review the following protocols/guidelines that we have implemented to protect you and your family.
What to do Before you arrive:
- Brush your teeth at home. The brushing station needs to remain closed at this time.
- Wear a mask, bandana, or scarf. If you do not have one, we will provide one on arrival.
- Call our office at the numbers listed above and let us know you have arrived. Please stay in your car. We will ask where you are parked and the color of your car.
- Our Wellness Greeter will come to your car to ask you to sign a Supplemental Informed Consent and complete a Health Questionnaire.
- Your child will be escorted inside. A wellness screening will be performed that consists of taking his/her temperature. If the patient has a temperature of 100.4 or greater, we will reschedule the appointment.
- We ask that the patient proceed to the operatory unaccompanied by a family member except under special circumstances.
NOTE: We ask that parents remain in the car to minimize the number of people in the office. This will assist us in meeting our social distancing and infection control requirements. Should a parent accompany his/her child into the office, temperature and health questions will be asked of both.
Dismissal from Appointment
- The scheduled procedure will be performed.
- The orthodontic assistant will share information about today’s appointment with our Wellness Greeter to update the parent.
- The patient will be escorted to the car by our Wellness Greeter and update the parent. At that time we ask that the parent call the office and make a follow-up appointment.
We look forward to seeing you! If you have any questions, please give us a call.
Dr. Van Vliet and Team